GENERAL ADMISSION POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Corpus Christi is a parish school, established for the children of the parish. The school also recognizes its responsibility of mission and service to the ethnically and culturally diverse community at large, so other families are welcome to send their children to the school if space is available, if the student is academically ready, and if they satisfy other admission criteria.
APPLICATIONS: Applications for admission into Kindergarten through 7th grade are accepted starting November 30th during the preceding school year, up to January 10.
Applicants can be considered for admission into grades 1st through 7th if space is available. Admissions decisions are then made in accordance with the school admissions priorities, as outlined below. If an applicant cannot be accommodated in a given year, the student may be placed on a waitlist for the following year. All applicants must take an assessment.
Kindergarten applicants must provide a pre-school evaluation prior to acceptance. This can be found here and through the link in the application. Applicants for grades 1st-7th must submit a current report card prior to scheduling an assessment.
ADMISSIONS PRIORITIES: At Corpus Christi School, we strive to reflect the diversity of the parish as well as to maintain gender balance within each class. These considerations are weighed within each of the admissions priorities described below:
- Children of active parishioners with a sibling currently enrolled;
- Children of active parishioners;
- Catholic children who have a sibling enrolled in school but are not active parishioners;
- Catholic children who are not active parishioners;
- Non-Catholic children who have a sibling enrolled; and,
- Non-Catholic children.
ACTIVE PARISHIONERS: The pastor determines who qualifies as an active parishioner, using the following guidelines:
- Someone who is registered at the parish office at least two full calendar years before school entrance and one registered parent must be Catholic; and,
- Someone who attends Mass regularly and makes financial contributions to the parish through parish envelopes for two full calendar years prior to school entrance; and,
- Someone who is involved in the parish two calendar years prior to school entrance. Involvement includes service as a Lector, Usher, Faith Formation Teacher, or in the Eucharistic Ministry, Pastoral Council, Music Ministry, Care Connection, Men’s Club, or Women’s Club.
Due to competition for limited spaces each year, level of involvement will be particularly important when applicant families have comparable eligibility status. The pastor ultimately determines who qualifies as an active parishioner. The pastor and/or the Principal retain the discretion to make exceptions to the admissions priorities if, in their judgment, the school and parish would be better served.
Corpus Christi School is a unique and dynamic community nurtured by the support and commitment of its parents who actively participate in school fundraising and in meeting their 35 mandatory volunteer hours per year.
*Additional information on registration fees will be sent out with registration in May.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: The Catholic schools in the Diocese of Oakland, mindful of their mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admit students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
The Catholic schools in the Diocese of Oakland do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and/or ethnic origin, sex, or disability in the administration of educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs:
Applications for the 2024-2025 school year will be available here after November 30th.
For questions, or inquires about our current school year, please send an email to ([email protected]).