GENERAL ADMISSION POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Corpus Christi is a parish school, established for the children of the parish. The school also recognizes its responsibility of mission and service to the ethnically and culturally diverse community at large, so other families are welcome to send their children to the school if space is available, if the student is academically ready, and if they satisfy other admission criteria.
APPLICATIONS: Applications for admission into kindergarten through grade eight are accepted at any time during the preceding school year, up to January 1. Please contact the school office for applications after that date.
Applicants can be considered for admission into grades one through eight if space is available. Admissions decisions are then made in accordance with the school admissions priorities, as outlined below. If an applicant cannot be accommodated in a given year, the parents will be asked whether they would like their child to remain on the applicant list for the following year. All applicants must provide the most recent report card and take an assessment.
Kindergarten applicants must provide a pre-school assessment prior to acceptance. This can be found through the link in the application. Applicants for all other grades must submit a current report card prior to scheduling an assessment.
ADMISSIONS PRIORITIES: At Corpus Christi School, we strive to reflect the diversity of the parish as well as to maintain gender balance within each class. These considerations are weighed within each of the admissions priorities described below:
- Children of active parishioners with a sibling currently enrolled;
- Children of active parishioners;
- Catholic children who have a sibling enrolled in school but are not active parishioners;
- Catholic children who are not active parishioners;
- Non-Catholic children who have a sibling enrolled; and,
- Non-Catholic children.
ACTIVE PARISHIONERS: The pastor determines who qualifies as an active parishioner, using the following guidelines:
- Someone who is registered at the parish office at least two full calendar years before school entrance and one registered parent must be Catholic; and,
- Someone who attends Mass regularly and makes financial contributions to the parish through parish envelopes for two full calendar years prior to school entrance; and,
- Someone who is involved in the parish two calendar years prior to school entrance. Involvement includes service as a Lector, Usher, Faith Formation Teacher, or in the Eucharistic Ministry, Pastoral Council, Music Ministry, Care Connection, Men’s Club, or Women’s Club.
Catholic families from other parishes who have recently moved into the area will also be considered active parishioners based on the above standards.
Due to competition for limited spaces each year, level of involvement will be particularly important when applicant families have comparable eligibility status. The pastor ultimately determines who qualifies as an active parishioner. The pastor and/or the Principal retain the discretion to make exceptions to the admissions priorities if, in their judgment, the school and parish would be better served.
Corpus Christi School is a unique and dynamic community nurtured by the support and commitment of its parents who actively participate in school fundraising and in meeting their 35 mandatory volunteer hours per year.
*Additional registration fees and dues will be sent out with the registration packet in May.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: The Catholic schools in the Diocese of Oakland, mindful of their mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admit students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
The Catholic schools in the Diocese of Oakland do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and/or ethnic origin, sex, or disability in the administration of educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs:
To inquire about openings, call (510) 530-4056 or send an email to (email@example.com).
Click here for the 2021-22 Application